Plantation Pecan Pie-Mr Tom,s Recipe
Mary R Morris
- 2-9 inch pie crust baked
- 4-cups of pecans
- 5 large eggs ,separated
- 2 cups of sugar
- 4-tbls. flour for thickening
- 2 cups of whole milk
- 1tbs.vanilla extract
- pinch of salt -
- 1/4 tsp.cream of tartar
How to Make Plantation Pecan Pie-Mr Tom,s Recipe
- 11-Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- 22-Lightly toast pecans,before grinding in food processor.(I just chop mine.)
- 33-Separate eggs.In small bowl,beat egg yolks ,and add 2 cups of sugar gradually
- 44-Add flour and milk alternately.Cook mixture over low heat in medium saucepan,stirring constantly ,untill mixture thickens.
- 55-Remove from heat .Beat in pecans,vanilla and salt.
- 66.Pour mixture into baked pie crust
- 77-Bake for 12 to 15 minutes
- 88-Prepare meringue by beating egg whites,cream of tartar and 1 teaspoon sugar untill stiff peaks form.Spread over pecan filling .bake at 400 degrees ,just untill meringue is golden....
- 9Personal note::::I often sprinkle a vew Pecans on top of the meringue,after the meringue is baked ....I sometime will take 4 pecan halfs and place in a circle,to let folks know it is Pecan pie...