Plantation Pecan Pie-Mr Tom,s Recipe
Mary R Morris
·2-9 inch pie crust baked
·4-cups of pecans
·5 large eggs ,separated
·2 cups of sugar
·4-tbls. flour for thickening
·2 cups of whole milk
·pinch of salt -
·1/4 tsp.cream of tartar
How to Make Plantation Pecan Pie-Mr Tom,s Recipe
- 1-Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- 2-Lightly toast pecans,before grinding in food processor.(I just chop mine.)
- 3-Separate eggs.In small bowl,beat egg yolks ,and add 2 cups of sugar gradually
- 4-Add flour and milk alternately.Cook mixture over low heat in medium saucepan,stirring constantly ,untill mixture thickens.
- 5-Remove from heat .Beat in pecans,vanilla and salt.
- 6.Pour mixture into baked pie crust
- 7-Bake for 12 to 15 minutes
- 8-Prepare meringue by beating egg whites,cream of tartar and 1 teaspoon sugar untill stiff peaks form.Spread over pecan filling .bake at 400 degrees ,just untill meringue is golden....
- Personal note::::I often sprinkle a vew Pecans on top of the meringue,after the meringue is baked ....I sometime will take 4 pecan halfs and place in a circle,to let folks know it is Pecan pie...