Pioneer Woman Flat Apple Pie w/Perfect Crust
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- granny smith apples, peeled & sliced
- 1/2 c
- packed brown sugar
- 1/2 c
- white sugar
- 2 Tbsp
- 1/4 tsp
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 3 c
- 1 tsp
- 1 1/2 stick
- cold butter
- 3/4 c
- 5 Tbsp
- cold water
- 1 Tbsp
- white vinegar
- 6 Tbsp
PERFECT PIE CRUST
How to Make Pioneer Woman Flat Apple Pie w/Perfect Crust
- 1For pie crust, combine flour & salt in a large bowl. Add in butter & shortening. Using pastry cutter work butter & shortening into flour until it looks like tiny pebbles.
- 2Lightly beat egg w/fork & add to mixture. Next add in water & vinegar. Stir mixture together til just combined & remove 1/2 the dough from bowl. Yields dough for 2 crusts.
- 3Preheat oven to 375. In large bowl, stir together apples, sugars, flour, salt & lemon juice.
- 4With a rolling pin begin rolling out pie crusts into large circles. Roll the dough from the center outward. With a spatula lift the dough & carefully place the circles onto large baking sheets.
- 5Place 1/2 the apple mixture on one crust & 1/2 on the other crust. Fold over edges of crust so it covers 2-3 inches of the apple mixture. Dot the tops of pies w/chunks of butter.
- 6Bake til filling is golden & bubbly, about 30-40 minutes. Cover edges with foil if browning too quickly.
- 7Allow to cool slightly, then slice into wedges with a pizza cutter.