Pineapple Cream Pie
- 3/4 c
- 1/4 c
- all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp
- 2 1/2 c
- crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 c
- dairy sour cream
- 1 Tbsp
- lemon juice
- slightly beaten eggs
- 9 inch ( baked ) pastry shell
- meringue for topping
How to Make Pineapple Cream Pie
- 1In a saucepan, combine sugar, flour, and salt.
Stir in undrained pineapple, sour cream, and lemon juice till thoroughly blended.
- 2Cook and stir till mixture thickens and bubbles; cook and stir additional 2 minutes.
- 3Remove from heat.
Stir a moderate amount of hot mixture into lightly beaten egg. return to hot mixture, stirring constantly.
- 4Cook and stir 2 minutes more.
Spoon hot mixture into cooled pastry shell.
Spread meringue to edge of pastry.
Bake at 350 F for 12 to 15 minutes, or till golden.
Cool before serving