Pineapple Blueberry Cream Tart1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
15 ozrefrigerated pie crust
3 ozlemon pudding and pie filling mix
2/3 ccanned crushed pineapple with juice
1 1/3 cwater
1 tspgrated lemon peel
2 cblueberries, fresh or frozen, thawed and drained
1/3 cblueberry preserves, warmed
1 1/2 cwhipping cream
1/3 cpowdered sugar
1 1/2 tspgrated lemon peel
How to Make Pineapple Blueberry Cream Tart
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Prepare pie crust according to package directions for one-crust baked shell using 10" tart pan with removable bottom or 9" pie pan.
- (Refrigerate remaining crust for later use.)
- Place prepared crust in pan; press in bottom and up sides of pan.
- Trim edges if necessary.
- DO NOT PRICK CRUST.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until lightly browned.
- If crust puffs up during baking, gently press crust down with back of wooden spoon.
- In medium saucepan, combine pudding mix, sugar, 1/4 cup water and egg yolks; mix until smooth.
- Add pineapple, 1 1/3 cup water and 1 teaspoon lemon peel; cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil.
- Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- In small bowl, combine blueberries and preserves.
- Spread over cooled baked crust.
- Spoon pudding mixture over blueberry mixture.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes or until cold.
- In small bowl, combine whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form.
- Spoon or spread over pudding mixture; sprinkle with 1 1/2 teaspoon lemon peel.
- Serve immediately.
- Store in refrigerator.