Pina Colada Pie
1 1/4 csweetened, flaked coconut, divided
16 ozsour cream
1/2 cricotta cheese
2 pkginstant vanilla pudding (4 serving size)
20 ozcrushed pineapple (with juice or syrup), undrained
1 cfrozen whipped topping, thawed
19" deep dish pie crust (fresh or frozen), baked and cooled
How to Make Pina Colada Pie
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread ¼ cup coconut evenly on baking sheet. Bake coconut for 6 – 8 minutes or until coconut is a light golden brown. Allow to cool.
- In a large bowl with a hand mixer, beat the sour cream and Ricotta Cheese on high speed for one minute.
- Add instant vanilla pudding mix and beat for two minutes. Add remaining coconut (to taste) and pineapple and beat on low speed until just well blended. Fold in the whipped topping until completely incorporated.
- Spoon into cooled pie shell. Sprinkle toasted coconut evenly over the pie. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- *You could also use 4 ounces of cream cheese, at room temperature, in place of the Ricotta Cheese. Beat the cream cheese first and slowly add the sour cream to it to keep the mixture smooth.