Pie in the Sky tarts
How to Make Pie in the Sky tarts
- 1Bring refrigerated pie dough to room temperature.
Roll out both of the crusts so that they are a little thinner than they normally are.
With 2" biscuit cutter cut 8 rounds from each crust
- 2separate each dough circle from surrounding dough and lay one on a ungreased cookie sheet, Add one Tablespoon of your pie filling in the middle of round, Then top with a second round of dough, crimp to seal.
- 3continue this until all circles are filled and crimped.
Brush tops of tarts with beaten yolk.
- 4Bake at 400 degrees for 14 minutes or until golden brown.
Lift with spatula to cooling rack
- 5****** I make a thin glaze out of powdered sugar and milk and spoon over each tart while warm it adds a nice light crunch, but you can leave plain or sprinkle sugar on top before baking.Don't over fill the circle, or it will leak as you can see from the picture mine did a little