★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 call purpose flour
2/3 cvery cold shortning (or lard)
5-6 Tbspice water
How to Make Pie Dough
- Pre heat oven to 350. Have 1 pie pan for topped pie or 2 pie pans for open pie ready.
- Place first 3 ingredients in a mixing bowel. Mix together till it resembles corn meal.
- Add ice water and stir just till it forms a soft ball.Divide into 2 balls wrap in wax paper. Chill till cool.
- On lightly floured surface roll out each ball and If using for no bake filling. Roll each ball out on floured surface and place in pie pan. Mold to shape of pan then fluke the edges. Poke holes in bottom of crust then bake in 350 oven for 5 min or till lightly browned. Fill with your favorite no bake filling. Chill and enjoy.
- If using for baked filling; Roll each ball out on floured surface. Mold to shape of pie pan. Fluke the edges then fill with your favorite filling and bake according to filling directions.
- If using for a topped pie roll out 1 ball on floured surface and mold to shape of pie pan leaving dough hanging over edges. Roll out the second ball. Fill first pie dough with favorite filling then add second dough on top. Pinch the edges together and cut off the excess dough. Fluke the edges. Cut vent holes in top and bake according to filling directions.
- May cut second dough into strips after rolling out and form a latices look for pie or cut into shapes for top of pie.
- I always take left over dough and break into smaller pieces. Place on cookie sheet. Brush with melted margarine and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Bake at 350 till lightly browned. The kids love it.