Perfect Pie Crust
How to Make Perfect Pie Crust
- I use a one or two (2) quart bowl with a lid that seals. Place flour, salt, shortening in the bowl, seal the bowl with the lid and shake vigorously. When the flour and shortening are mixed well it will look like small crumbs.
- Then add the iced water. Replace the lid and shake vigorously until you have one large ball formed in the bowl. If you have more loose flour add more water by the Tablespoon only, one at a time, until the ball is formed.
- Divide the dough in half. Roll out large enough to fit a 9 inch pie plate. Make sure to flour the surface so that the dough doesn't stick.
- This dough is not like cookie dough. It should not be rolled out and then balled up and then rolled out again. That will only make the crust tough.
- Some people chill the dough before rolling it out. I like to chill the crust before I bake it but only for a single crust.
- This method is great if you have children around.
They love to help so I let them shake it! LOL