Perfect Pie Crust (Everytime!)
·1 1/3 cup all purpose flour, sifted (i use gold medal)
·1/2 teaspoon salt
·1/2 cup vegetable shortening (i use walmart brand as crisco is not the same as it was years ago)
·approx 5 tablespoons whole milk (less than whole milk will not taste as rich)
How to Make Perfect Pie Crust (Everytime!)
- Sift flour and salt into medium size bowl.
- Cut in shortening with a pastry cutter or fork.
- Add the milk (do not use iced water) Stir quickly into a ball. Pat dough together with hands until combined but try to handle as little as possible.
- Let rest and cool in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes.
- Roll out between two pieces of waxed paper.
Remove top piece of waxed paper and invert onto pie plate. Peel last of waxed paper off. Arrange and crimp edge being careful not to stretch the dough.
- Fill and bake per your pie directions.
This pie crust is rich and flaky. Perfect every time!