PECAN PIE WITH MOLASSES AND BOURBON -- BONNIE'S
The recipe was adapted from Foster Market's recipe. Photos are my own
- tablespoons molasses
- cup dark corn syrup
- cup sugar
- large eggs, beaten
- tablespoons bourbon
- cup unsalted butter, melted
- tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- a pinch of kosher salt
- 2 1/4
- cups of pecan halves
- 9 inch piecrust recipe, homemade or store bought
How to Make PECAN PIE WITH MOLASSES AND BOURBON -- BONNIE'S
- 5Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and place pie on center rack of oven. Place foil on a cookie sheet on the lower rack to catch any drips. Bake the pie for 50 minutes to 1 hour. It will be firm around the edges and slightly loose in the center. If the pie is getting too brown, tent it loosley with foil and continue baking. Cool pie on wire rack for several hours then refrigerate and chill until pie is firm in the center. Enjoy!
- 6Cooks Tip: The lady that works for Foster's Market makes 500 pecan pies at a time using this recipe at their store. The original recipe calls for 1 full cup of molasses. While we do like the taste of a little molasses, that amount was a little overpowering for us. Also I was told that some molasses brands are very strong, and that other brands are milder in taste. So we have tweaked the recipe to 2 tablespoons of molasses and 1 cup of corn syrup. That seemed to be the perfect formula for my family. The pie was delicious! Tasting the batter as you add ingredients is a good way to tell if it is too strong to suit your taste.
Here is how it looks!