Pecan Pie with Bourbon Creme
1 cpure maple syrup (the real stuff!)
1 cwhite sugar
4 Tbspbutter (again, the real stuff, not oleo)
1 Tbspvanilla extract
1unbaked pie crust or frozen deep dish piecrust
1-1/2 cpecan halves or large pecan chunks
1 cheavy or whipping cream
2 Tbspconfectioner's sugar
2 Tbspbourbon whisky
How to Make Pecan Pie with Bourbon Creme
- Preheat oven to 350 deg. F.
- In 3 quart saucepan, add maple syrup, sugar, and butter. Cook over medium heat until the mixture boils. Stir often. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs with a whisk gently; SLowly whisk in hot syrup mixture. Stir in vanilla extract.
- Place unbaked crust on a cookie sheet. Place pecans inside crust. Pour syrup mixture over the nuts.
- Put pie in oven. Bake 45-50 minutes until filling is just set. Remove pie from oven, and cool on a wire rack for 1 hour or more.
- To serve: Whip cream with confectioner's sugar and bourbon. Pass this whipped cream so everyone can dollop some on their pie.