Pecan Pie Tartlets
These photos were taken using phyllo dough but they were a lot of work & didn't turn out as well. I had to brush the pastry rounds with melted butter to keep them from drying out & they didn't hold up well after baking, you know?
The prep time listed here is what it would be if you use pre-made phyllo cups. Anything else would add to the time. It's your kitchen, so do what suits you ALWAYS! =^..^=
- 2 Tbsp
- melted butter or margarine
- 3/4 c
- brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp
- large egg
- 1 c
- pecan pieces, plus 24 halves for decorating
- phyllo cups or 2 sheets of phyllo dough or a package of double pie crust dough or homemade pie crust dough for 2 crusts
How to Make Pecan Pie Tartlets
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray the inside of the mini muffin tins lightly with cooking spray.
- 4If using phyllo shells, just fill them about 3/4 full and top with a pecan half. You should have enough filling for 24 tartlets. Jump down to Direction #6.
- 8Bake at 350 degrees F. for 15-20 minutes, checking early and often to avoid overbaking. Tartlets are done when you carefully move one from its muffin cup and the bottom is lightly browned.