★★★★★ 2 votes5
1/2 chot water
1/2 cgrape nuts cereal (the original, not the flakes)
1 cdark karo syrup
3/4 cgranulated sugar
1 tspvanilla extract
1/2 cpecans, chopped
1pie crust shell
How to Make Pecan Pie
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix together the hot water, butter and grape nuts. Set aside 5 minutes to soak.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, karo syrup, sugar, vanilla and salt until well blended.
- Add the grape nuts mixture to the second mix and stir well.
- Add the chopped pecans and stir well.
- Pour into the pie shell and bake on the center rack for approximately 1 hour or until the center of your pie is firm.
- NOTE: To make a fancier looking pie, you can add whole pecans to the top in a pattern before you bake.