How to Make Pecan Creme Pie
- 1mix 3/4 cups sugar,flour,salt and cold milk.
- 2stir until smooth.
- 3add to hot milk,stir constantly until thick.
- 4add the beaten egg yolks,pecans and vanilla.
- 5stir until well mixed.(do not let come to a boil !)
- 6pour into baked pie shell and set aside.
- 7beat egg whites until stiff. mix in 2 tablespoon sugar and dash of vanilla,stir until mixed.
- 8top pie with mixture,leaving small peaks.
- 9bake at 400* until top turns light golden brown.
- 10remove and set aside to cool.
From My Grandma Deila Camelia Whitaker Lively.Born In The 1890's She Must Have Got It From Great Grandma. Enjoy This Old Time Pie We Sure Do. Doris