How to Make Pecan Creme Pie
- mix 3/4 cups sugar,flour,salt and cold milk.
- stir until smooth.
- add to hot milk,stir constantly until thick.
- add the beaten egg yolks,pecans and vanilla.
- stir until well mixed.(do not let come to a boil !)
- pour into baked pie shell and set aside.
- beat egg whites until stiff. mix in 2 tablespoon sugar and dash of vanilla,stir until mixed.
- top pie with mixture,leaving small peaks.
- bake at 400* until top turns light golden brown.
- remove and set aside to cool.
From My Grandma Deila Camelia Whitaker Lively.Born In The 1890's She Must Have Got It From Great Grandma. Enjoy This Old Time Pie We Sure Do. Doris