Pear, Sage & Blue Cheese Tart
This recipe makes 2 tarts.
- 4 large
- bosc pears, sliced thin
- 1 pkg
- soft blue cheese (i used saint agur)
- stalks fresh sage
- 1 pkg
- 15 ounce package folded, refrigerated unbaked piecrusts (2 crusts)
- 4 Tbsp
- salted butter
- 2 tsp
- 2 Tbsp
How to Make Pear, Sage & Blue Cheese Tart
- 1Melt butter in large pan (skillet). Saute pears and 4 or 5 sage leaves until heated through. Remove and discard sage leaves. Take off heat and set aside.
- 2Preheat oven to 400F. Lightly coat two baking sheets with crisco. Unfold piecrusts according to package directions. Place each piecrust on one prepared baking sheet.
- 3Spread thin layer of blue cheese over the center of each piecrust, leaving a 2 inch border. Evenly divide the pears between the piecrusts. Arrange pear slices in circle, slightly overlapping. Fold piecrust edges partially over filling, pleating as needed. Brush edges with milk and sprinkle with sugar.
- 4Bake in 400F oven for 20 minutes or until golden. Let stand on baking sheets on wire rack for 10 minutes. Garnish with a small sprig of sage. Cut into wedges to serve. Serve warm.