★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 1/2 cchocolate cookies crumbs
1/3 cbutter, melted
FOR THE FILLING:
2 1/2 Tbspcornstarch
1/3 cpeanut butter (crunchy or smooth)
·whipped cream, peanuts and chocolate pieces for garnish
How to Make Peanut Butter Pie
- place cookie crumbs and sugar in a bowl.
- pour melted butter over crumbs and mix with a fork until evenly moistened.
- press into 9 inch pie plate, refrigerate until filling is ready.
- place egg yolks in a small bowl, whisk lightly and set aside.
- place sugar, cornstarch, flour and salt in a large saucepan.
- add milk and cook over medium low heat, stirring constantly until the mixture boils.
- please note that this milk mixture scorches very quickly so you will want to keep stirring as it heats or you will notice little brown bits coming up from the bottom of the pan.
- be sure to get into the corners of your pan as you stir.
- continue stirring and boil for 2 minutes. remove from heat.
- add 1 tablespoon of the hot mixture to the egg yolks, stirring as you add it.
- continue adding the hot mixture 1 tablespoon at a time and stirring until egg yolk mixture is warm.
- add egg yolk mixture to the remaining milk mixture, stirring as you add it until the 2 are completely blended.
- replace pot on medium low heat and continue to stir constantly as it cooks for 1 minute more.
- remove from heat and add peanut butter and butter, stirring until well blended.
- pour into prepared crust and refrigerate until chilled.
- when pie filling is cold, top with whipped cream and garnish with peanuts and chocolate.