Peanut Butter Deluxe Dessert
2 stickunsalted butter, melted
2 call purpose flour
1 csalted peanuts, chopped
2 (8 oz) pkgcream cheese (room temperature)
2 ccreamy peanut butter
1 largecontainer cool whip
1 smallcontainer cool whip
How to Make Peanut Butter Deluxe Dessert
- Preheat oven to 375*
- Combine all the crust ingredients and press into a 9 x 12 glass baking dish sprayed with non-stick spray (I forgot the spray and it will stick, even with all the butter in the crust). I use a spoon to spread it evenly and try to smooth out as many of the cracks as possible. It won't matter if there are still cracks, just try to press it in as smooth as you can. Bake for 25 minutes. Crust should be lightly brown on the bottom. Let cool.
- When crust has cooled, mix the cream cheese, sugar and peanut butter together with a mixer. TIP: The best way to measure peanut butter is to get a large measuring cup (4 cups will work for this recipe). Put 2 cups of water in cup then add peanut butter until water level reaches 4 cups. Pour off water and you have 2 cups of peanut butter that isn't stuck to your cup.
- Using a mixer, mix the large container of cool whip (or 2 small ones) into the peanut butter mixture. Make sure it is mixed in well. Spread this mixture over cooled crust.
- Top with small container of Cool Whip. It is best to make this a day ahead so the sugar will have time to melt into the filling. If served after a few hours, the sugar can be a little crunchy. The crust may crumble a bit when cut, but that's okay.
- You can 1/2 this recipe easily and put into a 8 x 8 square pan or possibly a regular pie plate. I don't do the pie plate because I think it is easier to work with edges on a regular baking dish.