Peanut Butter Custard Pie
I just like the rich peanut butter custard and the sweetness from the crust.
- 1 pkg
- peanut butter cookie mix
- 1/2 stick
- 5 large
- eggs yolk....save whites for meringue
- 1 1/4 c
- whole milk
- 1 c
- baileys french vanilla coffee creamer
- 1/2 c
- granulated sugar
- 1 tsp
- 3 Tbsp
- corn starch
- 3/4 c
- peanut butter
- egg whites
- 1 pinch
- cream of tarter
- 2 Tbsp
How to Make Peanut Butter Custard Pie
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Mix together the peanut butter cookie mixture with the egg and butter. Then take a pie pan and pat the cookie mixture into form a crust. Bake for about 8 to 10 minutes
- 3Mix the milk and the Bailey French Vanilla together in a bowl. Take the sugar and the butter and mix together in a sauce pan and add 1/2 of the milk mixture. Heat until warm, BUT DO NOT BOIL.
- 4Separate your eggs putting the yolks in one bowl and the egg whites in a metal or glass dish.
- 5In the bowl with the remaining milk mixture, add yolks and then stir in cornstarch. Add to warm milk mixture. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until it gets thick
- 6Remove from heat and stir in the peanut butter until it is a very smooth consistancy. Pour into cookie pie shell.
- 7In a glass or metal bowl place egg whites and cream of tartar. A stand mixer is best to use with the whisk paddle attachment but you can use a hand mixer. Beat egg whites until soft peaks form and then gradually add sugar and continue beating until stiff peaks form, approximately 1 to 2 minutes. Top the peanut butter pie.
- 8Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.