Pay de Queso (Mexican "cheesecake")
I loved the texture of Pay de Queso and requested it on every trip to Mexico. Redi happily obliged and gave me a copy of her family's recipe.
- 2 c
- maria's cracker (or graham) crumbs
- 1/3 c
- butter, melted
- 12 oz
- evaporated milk
- 14 oz
- sweetened condensed milk
- 1 Tbsp
- vanilla extract
- 8 oz
- cream cheese
How to Make Pay de Queso (Mexican "cheesecake")
- 1Preheat oven to 350*.
- 2Mix together the cracker crumbs and butter. Press mixture onto bottom and up sides of a 9" pie plate. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- 3Beat together the remaining ingredients. Beat on med-high for about 1 minute. Pour into prepared crust.
- 4Bake 40-45 minutes, until the middle is almost set and jiggles slightly. Refrigerate 3 hours before serving.
- 5Serve plain, with fruit, or cajeta.