Received great reviews, at first showing.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 c
- store bought - prepared banana pudding cups (small cups)
- 1 box
- sugar free chocolate pudding
- 1 c
- half and half
- 2 box
- fresh strawberries
- 1/2 c
- fresh blueberries
- oreo cookie pie crust
- 5 Tbsp
- sugar (approximate amount)
- 2 Tbsp
- corn startch
- 2 box
- cool whip (8oz) - use sugar free - or light if you're cutting calories
- 1 can(s)
- prepared whipped cream
- 1/4 c
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
How to Make Patriotic Pie
- 1Buy oreo cookie pie crust.....
Take 2 of the banana cream - pudding cups and add 1 sliced banana. Spread this in the bottom of the cookie crust - and make sure there is just one fine layer of bananas.
- 2Take 1 box chocolate pudding (I used sugar free) - and add 1 cup Half-and-half. It will be thick.... you may want a little more liquid to soften. Blend this REALLY well - until it is soft and not at all lumpy. (I let the mixer go for about 5 min)
- 3Melt 1/4 cup - semisweet chocolate chips......
Let it cool slightly - then add it to the pudding mixture. - Keep blending until it is ultra soft and creamy.
- 4After the chocolate pudding is blended really well - add a whole softened 8oz container of Cool Whip...
Mix it well - and blend it till it is so soft and smooth. Then put it on top of the banana layer of pie.
- 5I then took - the second container of cool whip - and put a very thing layer of cool whip on top of the chocolate - and put it in the freezer for an hour.
- 6In the mean time - I washed and sliced the strawberries and washed the blueberries.
I put the strawberries in a bowl and added sugar to taste.... About 4 Tbsp.
- 7I took about 1/3 cup of berries - and 3 Tbsp sugar - and about 1/4 cup H2O - and put them on a low burner. When the berries started to boil, I added 1 tbsp at a time - the cornstarch and whisked it well. Smash up the berries. It will make a think puree.
I then strained this mixture and let it cool.
- 8After the pie had set in the freezer for about an hour..... I took it out and arranged the berries on top. Then I put the strained strawberry sauce on top (about 4 Tbsp) - This just adds a nice glaze.
I put the whole pie back in the freezer for 2 more hours.
- 9About 1 hour before I was ready to serve it - I put the white - whipped cream stripes on. You could use more Cool whip - but get it to the right consistency to pipe is challenging - whipped cream is easier.
You serve it cold - and it's a great summer refreshing dessert. It got great reviews.