Savory Pasta Pie/Dressing
- 1 lb
- acini pepe or tubetini pasta, cooked al dente
- 3 Tbsp
- 1 c
- flat leaf italian parsley leaves, well washed and chopped as fine as possible
- 3/4 c
- romano cheese, grated
- large egg. beaten well
- 2 Tbsp
- milk, if necessary. i have never needed it but my mother always cautioned that if the mixture was too dry you could add it
- salt and pepper, to taste
How to Make Savory Pasta Pie/Dressing
- 1Drain cooked pasta well, even splashing in a little cool water to stop the cooking process.
- 2Combine butter with pasta turning occasionally until butter is melted.
- 3Add all the parsley and cheese to the pasta mixture and stir well.
- 4Salt and pepper to taste. Remember that the cheese is salty so beware adding too much. Generally, I just add a few twists of freshly cracked black pepper.
- 5Add the beaten egg and stir quickly and well.
- 6Firmly press pasta mixture into prepared loaf pans. You can use any shaped pan but for presentation, it's nice to make "slices."
- 7Cover with aluminum foil (or if your baking pan has a cover, use it) and bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes. You will want the pie cooked through, as it has raw egg in it. Adjust the time to the depth of your baking pan.