★★★★★ 2 votes5
- oreo or chocolate cookie store boughtpie crust
- 8 oz
- softened cream cheese
- 3/4 c
- granulated sugar - super fine
- 1/2 c
- creamy peanut butter - try natural
- 20 oz
- regular size cool whip
- 1 jar(s)
- chocolate ice cream topping
- 2 pkg
- reese's peanut butter cups
How to Make Oreo Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
- 1In mixing bowl beat softened cream cheese (I'd use Philly Brand) until graininess is out of sugar. I'd recommend a natural type P/B instead of a brand like Jif because of the sugar. It will also give it more of a P/B taste, but it's up to you.
Add peanut butter and mix again until blended. Fold in 1/2 carton of cool whip.Pour into pie shell. Refrigerate or put in freezer for at least 1 hr. or until firm.
- 2Remove from frig. and spread 1/2 of a jar of chocolate ice cream topping over P/B mixture. Do not use the kind that hardens to a shell instantly. You could use caramel, if you prefer. Spread to edge of pie crust, and return to frig. or freezer for at least 1 hr., or until firm.
- 3Mound on remaining cool whip, forming peaks with back of spoon. Drizzle remaining ice cream topping over cool whip. Break hardened Resses P/B cups into pieces, and stick randomly into cool whip. Return to frig., or freezer for at least 1 hr., or until ready to serve. If in freezer, let thaw for 20-30 minutes before trying to cut, it will make it easier.