Orange Meringue Pie
Blue Ribbon Recipe
What a refreshing spring pie! We used 3 egg whites, 3 tablespoons of sugar and 1 teaspoon cream of tartar for the meringue. So yummy! The Test Kitchen
How to Make Orange Meringue Pie
- in heavy saucepan dissolve cornstarch in 1/4 cup cold water
- beat egg yolks and add to orange juice. place in saucepan with cornstarch water. sweeten to taste, this depends on how sweet the orange juice is.
- cook slowly until mixture is thickened.
- take from heat, add butter and orange rind zest. mix till butter melts
- pour into prepared pie crust.
- make meringue with egg whites, top pie with meringue and bake 350 degrees until swirls are tinted brown.