OLD FASHIONED SOUTHERN FUDGE PIE
I remember when I was a very small child, about two years old. Somehow I had climbed on top of a cabinet found a bottle of turpentine. Somehow I had gotten the cap off. Sugar wasn't easy to come by back then and my parents usually bought big bags of sugar, flour etc. Would you believe, I knocked that bottle of turpentine into the big bag of sugar. Though I was really small I never forgot. But, I don't remember if any of it was worth keeping.
- 3/4 c
- butter, unsalted, melted and cooled
- 1 1/2 c
- granulated sugar
- 1/3 c
- all purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp
- 1 tsp
- corn starch
- 1/3 c
- cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 3 large
- eggs, room temperature
- 9 inch unbaked pie shell
How to Make OLD FASHIONED SOUTHERN FUDGE PIE
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Combine butter and sugar, in a small boowl. Set Aside
- 2Combine flour, salt, corn starch, and cocoa powder,
in medium sized bowl...Set aside.
- 3Beat eggs with a fork until frothy, add vanilla to eggs. combine with sugar/ butter mixture. Combine with flour mixture. You won't have to use a mixer, just gently combine.
- 4Pour into pie shell, bake 35 minutes or until center is set. ALLOW TO COMPLETELY COOL, The pie will set.
- 5SERVE A SLICE WITH STRAWBERRY COOL WHIP AND SLICED STRAWBERRIES.