OLD FASHIONED SOUTHERN FUDGE PIE
I remember when I was a very small child, about two years old. Somehow I had climbed on top of a cabinet found a bottle of turpentine. Somehow I had gotten the cap off. Sugar wasn't easy to come by back then and my parents usually bought big bags of sugar, flour etc. Would you believe, I knocked that bottle of turpentine into the big bag of sugar. Though I was really small I never forgot. But, I don't remember if any of it was worth keeping.
3/4 cbutter, unsalted, melted and cooled
1 1/2 cgranulated sugar
1/3 call purpose flour
1 tspcorn starch
1/3 ccocoa powder
1 1/2 tspvanilla extract
3 largeeggs, room temperature
19 inch unbaked pie shell
How to Make OLD FASHIONED SOUTHERN FUDGE PIE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Combine butter and sugar, in a small boowl. Set Aside
- Combine flour, salt, corn starch, and cocoa powder,
in medium sized bowl...Set aside.
- Beat eggs with a fork until frothy, add vanilla to eggs. combine with sugar/ butter mixture. Combine with flour mixture. You won't have to use a mixer, just gently combine.
- Pour into pie shell, bake 35 minutes or until center is set. ALLOW TO COMPLETELY COOL, The pie will set.
- SERVE A SLICE WITH STRAWBERRY COOL WHIP AND SLICED STRAWBERRIES.