Old Fashioned Peach Cobbler
2 1/2 call purpose flour
1/4 ccold water
3 lbfresh peaches, peeled, pitted and sliced
3/4 corange juice
1/4 clemon juice
1/2 tspground nutmeg
1 Tbspcorn starch
How to Make Old Fashioned Peach Cobbler
- Crust Directions
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, and salt. Work in the shortening with a pastry blender until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and cold water. Sprinkle over flour mixture, and work with hand to form a dough ball.
- Chill 30 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Roll out half of the dough to 1/8 in thickness and place in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Covering the bottom and halfway up the sides. Poke dough with a fork to make sure it lays flat during baking
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Filling directions
- In a large saucepan mix the peaches, lemon juice, orange juice, and butter.
- Heat over medium heat stirring occasionally, until butter has fully melted.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, and corn starch. Mix into peach mixture.
- Remove from heat, and pour into baked crust.
- Roll out remaining dough to 1/4 inch thickness and cut into 1/2 inch wide strips.
- Weave strips into a lattice over the peaches.
- Melt one tablespoon of butter and with a pastry brush spread melted butter over lattice crust. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes or until crust is golden brown.