Old Fashioned Lemon Icebox Pie..
- 3 cups vanilla cookie crumbs
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 rounded tsp icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 9 extra large egg yolks
- 1/3 cup sugar
- two 10 ounce cans of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup lemon juice
- zest of 2 lemons finely minced
How to Make Old Fashioned Lemon Icebox Pie..
- 1Crust Grease a 10 inch deep dish pie plate or line the bottom of a 10 inch spring-form pan and lightly grease the sides.
Mix together:Press into the bottom and sides of the pie plate or to about 3/4 of the height of a spring form pan if you are using one. Bake for 10 minutes at 325 degrees F. Set aside to cool.
- 2Whip to soft peaks:Set aside.
- 3In the bowl of a stand mixer with the whisk attachment in place, add
9 extra large egg yolks
1/3 cup sugar
Whisk at high speed until light, foamy and pale yellow in color, about 5 minute.
Slowly whisk in:
Two 10 ounce cans of sweetened condensed milk
1 cup lemon juice
zest of 2 lemons finely minced (more or less to taste or for lighter lemon flavor, just omit it)
Gently fold in the previously whipped cream. Pour into the prepared pie crust. Freeze overnight. Garnish with whipped cream, additional Nilla cookies and lemon zest before serving.