OLD FASHIONED CARROT PIE
Peggi Anne Tebben
I have been making this for several years now. A 100 year old friend of mine gave me this recipe.
How to Make OLD FASHIONED CARROT PIE
- 1The pie crust recipe makes 3 single crusts. Freeze 2 of them & use 1 single crust for this in a 9" pie plate & flute edges.
- 2Place the carrot puree in a food processor, blend in the sugar, syrup & spices.
- 3Whip in the eggs, milk & water. Stir until smooth.
- 4Pour into the pie shell, bake in a preheated 450° oven for 10 minutes.
- 5Reduce the temperature to 300° and continue to bake for 45 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
- 6Remove from the oven, cool before serving. Serve with whipped cream.