Old Fashioned Apple Cider Pie
How to Make Old Fashioned Apple Cider Pie
- Combine cider and sugar in large, heavy sauce pan and bring to boil.
- Add apples and cook uncovered until apples are tender (about 8 minutes)
- Drain reserving syrup. If necessary, add enough cider to syrup to make 1 1/3 -1 1/2 cups.
- Return apples and syrup to pan and return to heat. Blend together cornstarch and water and add to apple mixture along with cinnamon.
- Cook, stirring constantly until mixture comes to a boil and thickens.
- Spoon filling into pie shell and cover with upper pastry and flute edges. Brush crust with milk and sprinkle with sugar. Vent crust.
- Bake at 350 for 50 minutes.