ol' Fashioned Flaky Pie Crust
Ingredients may seem a lil different from today's recipes.... but it's been a favorite of my family's for generations.
- 3 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 c
- crisco, may use butter flavored if preferred
- 1 Tbsp
- crisco, may use butter flavored if preferred.
- 1 tsp
- 1 tsp
- 7 Tbsp
- ice water (very last)
How to Make ol' Fashioned Flaky Pie Crust
- 1In a large bowl, sift together flour & salt, cut in crisco, until completely mixed in.
- 2Mix together egg & vinegar, mix into dough.
Add ice water one tablespoon at a time.until dough is smooth, & just a little sticky.
- 3Break dough into two, form into a ball. Refridgerate for 30 minutes.
Roll out dough with rolling pin, on floured surface.
Fits both an 8 or 9 inch pie plate.
Use to prepare your favorite pies!