Oil Pastry Recipe
How to Make Oil Pastry Recipe
- --2 cups all-purpose flour
--1 teaspoon salt
--1/2 cup vegetable oil*
--1/4 cup cold milk
* Extra-virgin olive oil may be substituted
- In a large bowl, combine the flour and salt. Measure the vegetable oil and the milk into the same liquid measuring cup but do not stir. Add to the flour/salt mixture; mix briskly to combine until the dough comes together into a ball.
- Divide the dough in half. Roll out each half to 1/8 inch thick between 2 sheets of wax paper.
- NOTE: Because this pastry dough is made with oil, it must be used right away. After a day in the refrigerator, the oil will start to separate and seep out.
- Makes 8- or 9-inch two-crust pie.