Oh my! Peanut Butter Pie w/a Pretzel Crust
(I already have a peanut butter pie posted BUT this is different)
Inspired by: RestlessChipotle.com
1 1/2 to 2 ccoarsely crushed pretzels, reserve some for the top
2/3 cbutter, melted
1/3 ccaramel sauce, either homemade or commercial
1 pkg(12 oz) milk-chocolate chips, bittersweet, semi sweet, dark, or a combination (reserve some for topping)
1/3 cheavy cream
1 1/3 ccreamy peanut butter
1 pkg(8 ounce) cream cheese, softened
1/2 csugar (or splenda/stevia)
1 ptheavy cream
1/3 csugar (or splenda/stevia)
How to Make Oh my! Peanut Butter Pie w/a Pretzel Crust
- Toss pretzel crumbs with melted butter, then press into a 10-inch pie pan. Bake at 350° for apx. 10 mins. Allow to cool
- Bring 1/3 cup of heavy cream just to a simmer, then remove from heat and add chocolate chips; stir until smooth and set aside.
- Using the paddle attachement on your mixer, beat peanut butter and cream cheese until combined. Add 1/2 sugar and beat until thoroughly incorporated (no graininess.)
- Using a clean bowl, whip cream until it just begins to thicken; continue to whip as you slowly add in the 1/3 cup of sugar. Whip until the cream is fluffy... then stop! You want to be careful not to overbeat.
- Using a gentle touch, slowly fold half of the whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture. Repeat with second half of the whipped cream.
- Add the caramel to your cooled pretzel crust; chill until set (apx 10 minutes). Repeat this step, this time adding the chocolate. Finally, top with the peanut butter mixture and a sprinkling of the reserved chocolate and pretzels.