Nona's Pizza Pies
- 1/2 lb
- sweet italian sausage or bulk pork sausage
- frozen deep dish pie crusts
- 1 c
- cottage cheese
- eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 c
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 pkg
- 3 1/2 oz. sliced pepperoni
- 2 Tbsp
- small jar commercial pizza sauce
How to Make Nona's Pizza Pies
- 1Remove casings from sausage. Cook sausage in a medium skillet until browned, stirring to crumble; drain well and set aside.
- 2Line a 9 inch pie plate with half of pastry; flute edges. Bake at 450 degrees for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and reduce temperature to 350 degrees.
- 3Combine cottage cheese and eggs, beat well. Stir in sausage, 2 cups mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, parmesan cheese and pizza sauce. Pour into two baked 9" pie pastrys.
- 4Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. Remove pizza from oven, cover with remaining mozzarella. Put back in oven and bake for another five minutes or until cheese is melted. Let cool 10 minutes before serving.