No-Roll Peach Cobbler
How to Make No-Roll Peach Cobbler
- Mix peaches with 1 cup of sugar, set asde
- Melt butter in 1-1/2 or 2 qt glass dish in a 350 degree oven. (size of dish depends on the amount of peaches that you have.)
- In a large measuring cup, make a batter with 1/2 cup sugar,the flour, baking powder, salt and milk. Mix with fork or whisk.
- When the butter is sizzeling in the dish, pour the batter over the entire dish, evenly. It will start to rise right away.
DO NOT STIR!
- Dollop sugared peaches evenly on top. I use a large serving spoon to do this.
- The fruit will sink to the bottom during baking and the crust will rise to the top, making a beautiful crust.
- If you do not have fresh fruit, you can use fruit pie filling. I sometimes double the crust, according to how much fruit I have. You don't have to double the butter if you double the crust.
- Cook until the crust is browned and a toothpick inserted reveals that the crust is done all the way through (it will be the consistancy of a bisquit) apx.30 to 45 minutes... If it browns before it is baked through, place a loose piece of tin foil over it like a tent.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream. Feeds apx. 6-8 people...depending on the amount of fruit you used.