Nantucket Cranberry Pie
- 2 c
- (heaping) cranberries fresh
- 3/4 c
- pecans, chopped (measure, then chop)
- 2/3 c
- 1 c
- 1 c
- 1 stick
- unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large
- eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp
- pure almond extract
- 1/4 tsp
BUTTER, FOR GREASING
1 TABLESPOON RAW SUGAR FOR SPRINKLING
EXCHANGE 1 TSP OF COURVOISIER OPT FOR THE EXTRACT
How to Make Nantucket Cranberry Pie
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Generously butter a square cake pan or deep dish pie pan. Add cranberries to the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle on chopped pecans, then sprinkle on 2/3 cup sugar.
- 2In a mixing bowl, combine flour, 1 cup sugar, melted butter, eggs, almond extract or OPT Courvoisier, and salt. Stir gently to combine.
Pour batter slowly over the top in large “ribbons” in order to evenly cover the surface. Spread gently if necessary.
- 3Bake for 45 to 50 minutes. 5 minutes before removing from oven, sprinkle surface with 1 tablespoon raw sugar for a little extra crunch.
- 4Serve with Vanilla Bean ice cream or freshly whipped cream.