Nana's Mini Fruit Pies
How to Make Nana's Mini Fruit Pies
- in your food processor, add 2-1/2 cups flour and 1/4 tsp salt. cut ice cold sweet cream butter into dice sized pieces and add them. Pulse till butter is in tiny pieces (about 10 pulses). SLOWLY drizzle in the ice water until dough forms a ball, you may need more or less than the designated amount depending on your measuring skills haha!
- Pull dough ball out of processor, knead only once or twice and make it into a smooth rectangle about 1 inch thick. Dough should NOT be sticky at all. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for at least one hour; you can chill overnight if you have the time.
- While dough is chilling, you can prepare your own pie filling, or use canned filling.
- Pull dough from fridge, roll out onto a lightly floured surface until about 1/8" thick. I use a plastic drinking cup to cut approx. 4" circles.
- Spray Pam or hand butter your favorite cupcake pan, then take each circle and lay it over the cupcake hole in the pan; pinch 4 corners inward (see photo), then the dough should line the cupcake hole just like a liner would. Fill with your desired pie filling, then bake for about 35 to 40 minutes at 375 or until the crust is golden.
- Completely cool your pies before serving with ice cream or whipped cream! We like using bavarian cream filling mixed with bananas, or even pumpkin pie filling right out of the can works good too. You can even use this shell to make mini quiche pies!