Nana's Blueberry Pie
·6 cups fresh blueberries, washed and stemmed (for frozen defrost and drain well)
·1/2 t lemon zest and 1 t lemon juice
·1/2 c sugar
·1/4 c flour
·2 t butter cut in slices
·1/4 t cinnamon
·melted butter and cinnamon and sugar mix for crust
·favorite pie crust for a top and bottom crust
How to Make Nana's Blueberry Pie
- mix the blueberries, sugar, flour, cinnamon, lemon zest, and lemon juice in a large bowl. Careful not to bruise or squish berries.
- Pour into bottom pie crust. Dot with butter.
- Top with second pie crust and fold it over the edges of bottom crust and pinch to secure.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes to firm up the dough.
- Remove from frig and poke holes in top of pie with fork to allow steam out while baking.
- Place pie on baking sheet in order to catch juices that may spill over and Bake in preheated 425 degree oven for about 20 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 350 and bake for 20 minutes more.
- Remove pie and brush with melted butter. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar mix all over entire pie, making sure to get right to the edges (no one has ever left a crust on the plate from my pie since it tastes so delish)
- return pie to oven and bake for additional ten minutes or until juices are thick and bubbling.
- Remove pie and cool completely so it doesnt run when cut. (I do not like hot blueberries so I refrigerate mine after cooling and dont serve until its cold) Add a bit of cool whip or whip creme or ice cream and enjoy