Nana's Blueberry Pie
- 6 cups fresh blueberries, washed and stemmed (for frozen defrost and drain well)
- 1/2 t lemon zest and 1 t lemon juice
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1/4 c flour
- 2 t butter cut in slices
- 1/4 t cinnamon
- melted butter and cinnamon and sugar mix for crust
- favorite pie crust for a top and bottom crust
How to Make Nana's Blueberry Pie
- 1mix the blueberries, sugar, flour, cinnamon, lemon zest, and lemon juice in a large bowl. Careful not to bruise or squish berries.
- 2Pour into bottom pie crust. Dot with butter.
- 3Top with second pie crust and fold it over the edges of bottom crust and pinch to secure.
- 4Refrigerate at least 30 minutes to firm up the dough.
- 5Remove from frig and poke holes in top of pie with fork to allow steam out while baking.
- 6Place pie on baking sheet in order to catch juices that may spill over and Bake in preheated 425 degree oven for about 20 minutes.
- 7Reduce temperature to 350 and bake for 20 minutes more.
- 8Remove pie and brush with melted butter. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar mix all over entire pie, making sure to get right to the edges (no one has ever left a crust on the plate from my pie since it tastes so delish)
- 9return pie to oven and bake for additional ten minutes or until juices are thick and bubbling.
- 10Remove pie and cool completely so it doesnt run when cut. (I do not like hot blueberries so I refrigerate mine after cooling and dont serve until its cold) Add a bit of cool whip or whip creme or ice cream and enjoy