My Perfect Apple Pie Filling By Freda
I pile, & mound My apples really high in a Pie when I am making one.
I have old 12" pie pans that are Not Easy to Find. I found them in the early 70's and I have a hard time Keeping hands off them, they just want to dissapear, Because when you get a slice of this pie you know You have had a slice of Pie. non of this sliver of an 8" pie for me, if I can help it.
Hope you'll try it.
If Baking a pie with this filling I bake about 45-50 Min, till crust is golden in color.
Same with the Crisps, or cobblers
FILLING FOR APPLE CRISP OR APPLE PIE OR APPLE COBBLER.
10 Lgapples peeled and sliced thin
2 Tbsbrown sugar, firmly packed
·just a sprinkle of mace
1/2 tspjust a sprinkle of vanilla
1/2lemon, (juice only)
2 Tbsflour or (1-2 tsp cornstarch) for thickening
·this filling is enough for a 10 in pie x 4 " high
How to Make My Perfect Apple Pie Filling By Freda
- 1. Mix; Nutmeg, ginger, Cinn, with the Sugar's.
2. Sprinkle the sugar with the Few drops of vanilla.
3. Work the BUTTER and Flour or cornstarch ( not Both) as thickner, into the sugars.
- If making pie;
1. In large Bowl, Slice apples into Thin wedges,
2. Sprinkle the Juice of 1/2 a lemon over apples, Toss well.
3. Then Add 1/2 of the Sugar Mixture to apples and toss well.
4. Now, place all into a Mound into a rolled out pie dough, packing apples tightly in the pan.
Now Sprinkle the Surgar Mix over the Apples evenly.