·pastry for 9 inch two crust pie/top & bottom
·36 ritz crackers
·2-cups granulated sugar
·2-teaspoons cream of tartar
·2-tablespoons lemon juice
·grated rind of 1 lemon
How to Make My Grandmothers Mock Apple Pie
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Roll out bottom Crust of pastry and fit into 9 inch pie plate.
- Break up Ritz Crackers (coarsely) into pastry lined pie plate
- Combine water,sugar,and cream of tartar in medium saucepan:bring to a boil and boil gently for 15 minutes,stirring constantly.
- Add Lemon Juice and Lemon Rind.COOL.Then pour Syrup over crackers in pie plate,Dot generously with the Butter,and sprinkle with the cinnamon.
- Cover with the top crust.Then trim and flute edges together.Cut slits in top to allow steam to escape.
- Bake @ 425 degrees for 35 minutes,or until crust is crisp and golden.Serve warm by itself or with vanilla ice cream