★★★★★ 1 vote5
2/3 cvegetable shortening
2 Tbspmelted butter
5 Tbspice cold water
How to Make My Flaky Pie Crust
- sift dry ingredients together.
- cut in shortening with pastry blender or fork until coarse crumbs.
- add melted butter and stir in
- blend in cold water, with vinegar mixed into it. make sure water is cold from refrigerator.
- divide dough into 2 balls.
- roll out one ball to desired size to fit pie pan. roll up on to pin to transfer to pan.
- put filling in pie crust, and repeat with second ball of dough, making slits for air to escape.
- for a "baker's" look. brush milk over top crust and sprinkle with small amount of sugar before baking. makes top crust "sweet and crispy" and looks great.