Mom's Flat Apple Pie
The picture that I posted is one of the pictures of the pie my "little" brother made. He is such a great cook as well.
3 3/4 cflour
1 1/2 cshortening
1egg yolk plus enough milk to make 1 cup of liquid
2-3handfuls of cornflakes
10granny smith apples sliced and cored
2/3 cpowered sugar and a few drops of vanilla and milk
How to Make Mom's Flat Apple Pie
- Mix ingredients for crust (which are the first 4 ingredients on the list).
- Roll out half of the dough to fit a cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with cornflakes.
- Place sliced apples on top of cornflakes.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle on top of apples and dot with butter.
- Add top crust to cover.
- Beat egg white and sugar and brush on top of pie. Cut a few slits in the top of the pie crust.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 25-30 mintues.
- Mix powered sugar, vanilla and enough milk to make a thin frosting. Drizzle over hot pie.