Mom's Flat Apple Pie
The picture that I posted is one of the pictures of the pie my "little" brother made. He is such a great cook as well.
- 3 3/4 c
- 3/4 tsp
- 1 1/2 c
- egg yolk plus enough milk to make 1 cup of liquid
- handfuls of cornflakes
- granny smith apples sliced and cored
- 1 c
- 1 tsp
- 1 tsp
- 2/3 c
- powered sugar and a few drops of vanilla and milk
How to Make Mom's Flat Apple Pie
- 1Mix ingredients for crust (which are the first 4 ingredients on the list).
- 2Roll out half of the dough to fit a cookie sheet.
- 3Sprinkle with cornflakes.
- 4Place sliced apples on top of cornflakes.
- 5Mix sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle on top of apples and dot with butter.
- 6Add top crust to cover.
- 7Beat egg white and sugar and brush on top of pie. Cut a few slits in the top of the pie crust.
- 8Bake at 425 degrees F for 25-30 mintues.
- 9Mix powered sugar, vanilla and enough milk to make a thin frosting. Drizzle over hot pie.