Moms' Favorite Pineapple Pie
- 1 c
- granulated sugar
- 1/4 c
- all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp
- 20 ounce can(s)
- crushed pineapple, drained with liquid reserved
- 1 Tbsp
- melted butter
- 1 Tbsp
- lemon juice
- powdered sugar and vanilla extract for glaze
- pie crust for top and bottom layers
How to Make Moms' Favorite Pineapple Pie
- 1Mix all ingredients except pineapple juice, powdered sugar, & vanilla. Pour into prepared bottom crust. Top with remaining (top) crust. Cut 4 small slits to vent and bake at 400 degrees F for 35-40 minutes.
- 2When cool, mix powdered sugar, pineapple juice, and vanilla extract to form a glaze. Drizzle a little over each serving and serve.
- 3*If this is your first time working with powdered sugar, please know that a little liquid goes a long way. You should also only add the vanilla extract after the juice or you'll get little dark lumps. I did not give measurements for this because everyone likes different consistencies of glaze and it really doesn't matter. I've even served it without glaze and it's wonderful. ENJOY!!