Mom's Coconut Pie
How to Make Mom's Coconut Pie
- In a large mixing bowl, put 2 cups of sugar and add your 1/2 cup of melted Country Crock butter and stir with a large spoon.
- Now add your 1 cup of whole milk to this mixture and stir with your spoon.
- Add an egg one at a time to your mixture, stirring as you go until you have added all six eggs.
- Now add 1 tablespoon of vanilla flavoring to your mixture and stir well.
- Begin to add your Baker's Angel Flake sweetened coconut a little at a time stirring as you go until you have it completely mixed in your bowl.
- Divide mixture between your two Pet-Ritz pie shells. You may have a little left over. I put my pies on baking sheets lined with Reynolds wrap for spillage. Less mess to clean up.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Some ovens vary so keep a careful watch. They will not jiggle easily if they are done. Enjoy! Some of my friends love this with a scoop of French vanilla ice cream on top. And some like it plain.