Mom's Banana Glaze Pie
- precooked pie shell
- 1/2 c
- sugar or a little more
- 1 1/2 c
- 4 Tbsp
- corn starch - level
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 tsp
- 1 dash(es)
- yellow food color - just a drop
How to Make Mom's Banana Glaze Pie
- 1Boil over low fire (after you have mixed all ingredients above except vanilla). Stirring constantly until it thickens.
- 2Remove from range and add drop of yellow food color and vanilla.
- 3Pour over sliced bananas in precooked pie shell while mixture is still hot. You will need enough bananas to slice a couple of layers into the pie shells before you add the glaze. You can also sub bananas with other fruit - we just always used bananas!
- 4After cooling, top with whipped cream that is sweetened.