Mom's Banana Cream Pie
- 2/3 c
- granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp
- 2 1/2 Tbsp
- 1 Tbsp
- all-purpose flour
- 3 c
- 1 or 2 bananas, add as you layer the filling into crust. i sometimes just put on top when ready to serve as the bananas will turn brown in the filling, your choice.
- eggs yolks, slightly beaten
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 1/2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- baked pie crust (single)
AFTER REMOVED FROM HEAT:
How to Make Mom's Banana Cream Pie
- 1Mix in saucepan: all dry ingredients.
Stir in gradually 3 cups of milk and cook over moderate heat stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils. Boil one minute.
- 2Remove from heat and stir a little of the mixture into the 3 egg yolks, slightly beaten.
Then blend into hot mixture in saucepan.
Boil one minutes more stirring constantly.
- 3Remove from heat.
Blend in 1 tablespoons of butter and 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- 4Pour half into prepared cooked 1 crust pie crust slice banana and put one layer in middle of pie, than add the rest of your filling, or use a graham cracker crust your choice. Cool and set up in refrigerator. Serve with Whipped cream and a cherry.
Keep refrigerated. Oh and enjoy!