★★★★★ 1 vote5
1/2 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
2 - 3 Tbspbutter
How to Make Mom's Apple Pie
- Prepare pastry dough for double crust pie. Use your favorite recipe.
- Peel, core and slice apples and place in a large bowl. Use a mixture of different apples for added flavor (granny smith, golden delicious, macintosh, etc,)
- In a separate bowl, mix sugars, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg & salt.
- Toss apple pieces and dry ingredients until well coated.
- Pour apples mixture into bottom pie crust. Top with 2 - 3 T cut up butter. Place top crust on and seal edges. Make a couple small slits in the top crust to let out steam. I made it look like an "A" in the middle.
- Cover pie with aluminum foil and bake for 25 mins at 375 degrees.
- Remove foil and continue baking 25 - 35 minutes or until crust is golden brown.