Mixed Berry Tart
As Kroger has stated, "This easy tart makes a perfect Mother's Day treat. I would have to agree. I can imagine this tart being topped with fresh strawberries, blueberries, blackberries and raspberries, but I think it would also be wonderful topped with just one kind of berry, your choice. Enjoy!
Hands-on-time:20mins. Total time:2hrs.
3/4 cunsalted butter, at room temperature
1/3 cconfectioners' sugar
1 2/ call purpose flour
5 ozcream cheese, at room temperature
1/2 cgranulated sugar
1/2 cfresh lemon juice (from 2 large lemons)
1 Tbsplemon zest (from the 2 lemons, before juicing)
2 cfresh mixed berries
·mint for garnish, optional
How to Make Mixed Berry Tart
- FOR THE SHORTBREAD CRUST:
Blend crust ingredients, butter, confectioners' sugar, all-purpose flour and salt, until a soft dough forms.
- Pat soft dough in a 9-10 inch tart pan, sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Prick crust with fork.
- Bake at 350^F for 15-20 minutes. Let crust cool, but keep oven heated.
- FOR THE LEMON FILLING:
Blend cream cheese in mixer or food processor until smooth.
- Add granulated sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest and eggs, 1 at a time, blending after each egg, until blended and smooth.
- Pour into tart shell and bake at 350^F for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven; cool in fridge for 1 hour.
Top with berries and garnish with mint.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.