Mini Jelly Pies
- 1 3/4 c
- 2 Tbsp
- 3/4 tsp
- 1 1/2 stick
- cold butter cut into small pieces
- 1 large
- egg yolk
- assorted jams
How to Make Mini Jelly Pies
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees. In a food processor, combine flour, sugar, and cinnamon; process for 10 seconds. Add butter and process until mixture resembles coarse meal, 15 to 20 seconds.
- 2Combine egg yolk with 2 tablespoons ice water and add to flour mixture. Process until the dough comes together, about 7 seconds. Transfer to a clean work surface and compress into a flattened circle.
- 3Lightly dust the work surface with flour; roll out dough to just thinner than 1/4 inch. Using a round or square cookie cutter, cut out shapes and press into 2- to 3-inch tartlet tins or a small muffin-top pan. Shape crust as desired, fill each with 1 1/2 to 2 teaspoons jam, and decorate tops with cutouts of dough. At this point, the tarts can be refrigerated for several hours.
- 4Bake until golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Transfer tarts from tins to a wire rack to cool.