Mini Honey-Almond Cranberry Crostatas
Easier than you think, like mini pies! Great for a Thanksgiving Treat!
Recipe and picture is from Pillsbury
- 1/3 c
- 1/3 c
- 1 1/4 c
- fresh or frozen whole cranberries
- refrigerated pie crust, softened as directed on box
- 3 Tbsp
- almond paste, softened (from 3 1/2 oz tube)
- 1 1/2 tsp
- sliced almonds
- 8 tsp
How to Make Mini Honey-Almond Cranberry Crostatas
- 11. Heat oven to 425 degrees. Place cooking parchment paper on cookie sheet.
2. In a 1-quart saucepan, heat water and honey to boiling.
3. Stir in cranberries, reduce heat to medium-low. Cook 10-12 minutes, stirring frequently, until berries have popped and mixture is thickened. Cool slightly, about 15 minutes.
- 24. Meanwhile, unroll crust on work surface. Roll crust out slightly, cut into 8 (4-inch) rounds. Reroll scrapes and cut remaining rounds if necessary. Place rounds on parchment=lined cookie sheet. Discard scraps.
- 35. Gently press 1 heaping teaspoons almond paste in center of each crust round. Divide cranberry mixture evenly over almond paste. Fold 1/2" of each crust round over filling, pinching slightly so crust lays flat on cranberry mixture.
Sprinkle each with almonds.
Bake 14-16 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
Drizzle 1 teaspoon honey over each crostata, if desired, serve warm with ice cream.