1 lbbeef, cut-up
2 lbtart apples, peeled, quartered, cored,
2 -2/3 cseeded raisins
2 -1/2 ccurrants
1/4 lbground suet
1 cstrong coffee beverage or cider
1 Tbsppowdered cloves
1 cmeat liquor (i think this is broth off of meat)
How to Make Mincemeat
- This recipe is to be canned and makes 5 pints.
It will be ready for you to use in your pies when ever you open.
- Cook meat, in boiling water to cover, covered, until tender; cool in meat liquor.
Put meat through food chopper, saving 1 cup liquor
- Put the next 4 ing. through chopper,apples, raisins,currants and citron. Add the ground meat,
suet, salt, nutmeg, sugar, coffee, cloves cinnamon and meat liquor.
- Put in to a kettle and simmer, uncovered, 1 hour., stirring often to prevent burning.
- Pour at once into clean sterilized hot jars. Adjust lids on as directed. Set on wire rack in deep covered kettle with boiling water to cover tops at least 1". Process 30 min. counting time from time of boiling. Remove immediately adjust seal ( tighten lightly)