How to Make Milk Tart
- 1Combine egg whites and cream of tartar. Beat with an electric mixer till soft peaks form, then set aside
- 2Combine milk and sugar in a medium sauce pan over medium heat until warm
- 3Ladle out about a cup of warmed milk into a bowl with the sifted flour. Whisk smooth and then add to sauce pan with rest of milk.
- 4Add egg yolks and salt to sauce pan, stirring to combine.
- 5Raise heat to medium high, bringing mixture to boil. Stir frequently, until thickened. About 10 minutes.
- 6Remove from heat, add butter and vanilla. Let it sit for 5 minutes to cool.
- 7Fold in egg whites and pour into pie crust.
- 8Sprinkle with cinnamon and bake for 30 minutes at 375 degrees until filling is firm.