How to Make Milk Tart
- Combine egg whites and cream of tartar. Beat with an electric mixer till soft peaks form, then set aside
- Combine milk and sugar in a medium sauce pan over medium heat until warm
- Ladle out about a cup of warmed milk into a bowl with the sifted flour. Whisk smooth and then add to sauce pan with rest of milk.
- Add egg yolks and salt to sauce pan, stirring to combine.
- Raise heat to medium high, bringing mixture to boil. Stir frequently, until thickened. About 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add butter and vanilla. Let it sit for 5 minutes to cool.
- Fold in egg whites and pour into pie crust.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and bake for 30 minutes at 375 degrees until filling is firm.